Sunday 11 January 2015

To the little life growing in my belly,

Hi baby! I'm your Mummy. You are 18 weeks and 1 day old today and I've seen pictures of you 3 times already. The last time I saw you, you were flipping around and looked like you were singing. You also posed in your sleeping position exactly like your big sister does. You already look a lot like her. And guess what? I was told you are a boy! Mummy hasn't gone and bought you any blue things yet, just in case you decide to change your mind. I promise I won't be too upset if the next time I see you you're now a girl. These things happen and the people taking your pictures get it wrong.

I'm very sorry Mummy and Daddy aren't together anymore. He doesn't even know about you yet. I had a feeling you were in there and I let Daddy know of the possibility. I only found out for certain the day after we came to live with your Nanna. It was definitely a shock! But we know you've come into our lives for a reason and you're already very much loved and wanted. Daddy may not even believe you are his just like he didn't believe your sister was either. But we know the truth baby boy and that's all that really matters. He may have hurt Mummy but I will not let him hurt you or your big sister.

I hope you're OK in there despite all the stress that Mummy is going through. All the tests have said you are doing great, which eases my mind a little. I'm still very scared though. Your sister arrived earlier than expected and my fingers are crossed that you don't decide to do the same. That would freak Mummy out! She isn't walking yet, but I'm sure she will be by the time you meet her. You'll be very close in age and I hope you grow up being the best of friends.

I felt you flutter for the first time yesterday. You do it when your sister is laying on me having her bottle, it's like you know she's there and you want her to know you're there too.

I will see you again in 2 weeks little man, so keep growing and stay happy in there.

Love you so much already,
Mummy
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I was very happy for you when I heard you were pregnant again. Very exciting to hear it is a boy! I recommend you do not buy anything blue as that will condition the child to think that only boys wear blue. I think boys and girls can wear any colour they like and parents are encouraged to break stereotypes of 'blue for boys' and 'pink for girls'. However that is completely your decision as a parent and I am only making suggestions, not forcing anything/opinions onto you or your babies :)
    Keep up the good parenting!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete