Thursday 26 March 2015

#MicroblogMonday






So, somehow it happens to be Thursday again and I'm only just writing this post.
There are not enough hours in the day when you have a little one demanding your attention. As soon as I sit down at the computer, she's crawling over to me wanting sultanas, or pointing at random things on the table she can't have or playing with drawing pins (where the eff did they even come from?) She can be fully engrossed in whatever she's doing, as long as I am sitting there watching her. As soon as I want 10 minutes to myself? MUMMY, I WANT YOUR ATTENTION AND I WANT IT NOOOOOW.

I signed up for a free online course on Midwifery that requires me to sit and watch a few videos and answer a few questions, within a specific time-frame. Luckily it's not a proper training course that I actually need to do and even luckier that it's free because I just don't get a chance to do it.

I also apologise to ICLW. I should never have signed up for this month. I have left a total of one comment. Leaving 6 comments a day should be EASY. If L is napping, that's my chance to have a shower - she is now down to only one nap a day, usually in the afternoon. Sometimes I use that time to have a nap myself because the baby in my tummy makes me tired. By the time she goes to sleep at night it is after 9pm and I guzzle down a cup of tea and go to bed.... and think about all the things I want to do. I want to catch up on all your blogs and leave comments. I want to be able to write a blog post and give it my full attention.  I want to get a course module finished. I want to watch a couple of episodes of whatever TV show I'm currently streaming. I want to take a bath.

I don't want to be behind anymore.

With the arrival of Little Mister getting closer and closer, I feel like I am going to be behind on everything forever.

1 comment:

  1. Between raising one child on the outside and one on the inside, no wonder you're exhausted! You're probably going to be behind for a while, but it won't be forever - as things go into their natural rhythm, I'm sure you'll find the time to catch up.

    ReplyDelete