Tuesday 18 August 2015

L & Z update

Today I have  22 month old and a 3 month old!

Very soon L will be 2. I already have most of her presents on layby from when the toy sales were on earlier in the year (I never usually layby but as we are in the process of moving house it was easier instead of having to store them here and then move them to the new house).
This year I've been able to organise her party without every idea I've had being ignored or rejected. I will be making her cake this year, it will be a macaron tower so I'm hoping I can make perfect macarons as they can be fussy little things!

She is getting more confident with her walking but does still prefer to crawl or shuffle around on her knees. Her communication and understanding is incredible. On the weekend, she had 2 visits with G and on Sunday I asked her what she had for lunch, did she have a sandwich? No response. Did she have noodles? She nodded. So I texted G and asked what she had for lunch and he said she had noodles! I've also been asking her to tell me if she's done a poo poo and the other day she said "poo poo" and sure enough, she'd done one! She can identify all the numbers from 1-10, even if she can't say them. She's learning more words every day.

Z is a perfect little man. He has a long stint between his last bottle at night to the next one, which allows me to have a pretty decent sleep. During the day it can be anywhere from 2.5 hours to 4 hours between bottles. He is full of smiles and the occasional giggle. He self settles very well with his shusher and heartbeat white noise machine on. Still a bit refluxy but it doesn't seem to bother him.

They are both in cahoots with each other though, they both wake up either at the same time or within 10 minutes. Z always wants a bottle right at the time L needs a wash and bottle before going to bed at 7:30. If we miss the 7:30 mark then she tends to get a bit rotten and plays up a bit. L doesn't really pay him much attention, she leaves him alone and glances at him from time to time. I still don't know whether this is a good or bad thing.  It does upset her when he is crying so we try to make sure he's at the other end of the house during dinner time or bed time.

G still hasn't met Z. I got the birth certificate sent back without his name on it as the Father as he didn't sign it, even though he was given plenty of opportunities. He tells everyone he is the Father, but he can't sign a piece of legal documentation to say that? I don't know what happens now, but I'm not going to push the issue... he knows what he has to do if he wants to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment